Thursday, July 8, 2010

Starting work...

Let the layers begin! So, while the design is at the printers, I have started work on Jenni & Justin's wedding sign and being that we are using crackle paint, this has many steps. First the base coat, then the crackle paint, then the top coat. Of course all have to dry for 4 hours each. Yikes! However, it is worth the wait. I love the vintage look it gives each piece while still looking elegant. Great choice! I decided to go with a toffee color for the base because I needed an earthy light color, nothing that would conflict with the chocolate brown and olive green and nothing that would match too close so we couldn't read the font. I think it look delicious and makes me want an Almond Rocha, yum! Of course this is not what it will look like at all, just the very beginning to the many layers of this amazing sign. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment